The number 4 is observed as unlucky number and is related to 4 death. Similarly the number 7 has negative connotations,
• Gold, yellow and red is considered as lucky colors and white color is avoided because it denotes with mourning and death,
• For opening ceremonies the name plaques are avoided and they are related to tombs and death,
• The Great Wall image of China is denoted as a symbolic of reliability and stability,
• The propitious use of animals is wondered such as tortoise, dragon, fish, crane, phoenix and unicorn all are famous, and
• Abstain from using black borders around people’s photos or names and it is also regarded as the bad sign such as death.
In order to resolve the distinct factors from more generally capable truths some of the strategies to improve the cultural phenomena which impact all aspects of doing business in China.
Face- Making other people to look better:
According to Tan (2004) Face is a pervasive concept both in Chinese personal and family life and in business settings. Giving face means showing that you care for another person by responding in a constructive and appropriate way and by listening intently, by putting the other party in a better light in front of other people and by offering help when asked for a favor especially influential persons and other superiors. Giving face is varied from just “helping out” or “being a nice guy” the aspect of face emphasizes the social context the fact that the other party is made to look better in front of others. The opposite of giving face causing someone to lose face through describing referring to mistakes, lack of respect or a refusal to come forth with or criticizing in public at least moral support is frowned upon.