Prescribing and interesting turn of events, the construction of the Supreme Court of the New South Wales has been nothing short of difficult. The initial plans of Governor Macquarie were influenced by Bigge’s decision to turn it into St. James’ Church. Macquarie then planned on laying down the foundations of a school, which again was met with scrutiny from Bigge and thus the foundation stone was laid down for the Supreme Courtuntil the architect removed himself from the service in 1822, leaving the building incomplete . The construction of the building at the hands of Mr, Gough was criticised by Greenway as he pointed out that Doric columns had been deleted in order to construct the roof sooner, and the resulting division of two courtrooms into a single large courtroom on the bottom most floor . In the final construction of the building, little stayed true to Greenway’s original design except the circular staircase and the Doric portico (which was later taken down), along with certain diminished wall panels . A central round enclosing of the staircase along with an entrance through the Elizabeth street was also added and the building was completed nine years after its conception, in 1829 .